This song just came on my Pandora Station. I can't help but sing along and smile. I love classic oldies. It brings back so many childhood memories. Cool 101.1, Classic Oldies. My Dad used to challenge us to "name that singer" for $5 or sometimes even $10 for the tough ones. It embedded in me a love for the classics and a warm feeling of being a kid
I desire to be more like a child in all that I do. Children are so amazing because they are so forgiving, they are adventurous, they are curious, they are fearless, and they are loving and innocent. Something is tugging on my hearts strings telling me to WAKE UP, and DO SOMETHING!
I am so used to being in the school and work hustle that I had little time for other endeavors. The bulk of my education is done and I took a lighter load this semester. Now I am feeling antsy and ready to fill back up that empty time with something fun, productive, adventurous! The problem has been finding the real motivation and confidence to do so. Actually, before even that the REAL problem has been trying to figure out ONE thing to focus my energy on instead of being so ADD and starting a bunch of different things that I never follow through with.
I am 23, life is going by at a faster and faster speed. It is time to slow down and make the most of my remaining twenties. Try new things, make mistakes, learn from them, and grow. I may not always be the best at something but I do know that I am willing to try!
I know that I have some passions and goals of which include:
write a book
photgraphy
makeup artistry
health
travel
art
food
Those are good starting points for me. I have no idea where to even start with writing my book. I guess i am waiting for more chapters of my life to unfold before I feel the story is complete. I know that there will come a point in my life where I know that NOW IS THE TIME and I will just sit down and the words will flow right out of my fingertips.
I look forward to that day.
But, for now, I am going to starting living those chapters and let the book follow. I am in such a good, happy place in my life. I have been cultivating the joy inside my soul, giving gratitude and thanks, putting my faith and trust in God, and being the very best me that I can be.
May the best be yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment