Friday, June 3, 2011

June 3rd. 
Time is flying by.  I don't know if it is because the weather has not been typical for these summer months but I feel like we are still in April. 

I leave for Hawaii in 9 days! 
WOW! 
I have not been in 10 years so I am thoroughly looking forward to this delightful treat. 
I must confess I was not nearly as good as I had hoped in prepping.
I am not ready for bikini season. 
at all.
Stepping out nearly naked for the first time all year is daunting. 
I have never been the type to be able to flaunt "what my mother gave me."
I'm the girl that tiptoes quietly with a towel on all the way to the pool looking around to see who is watching before I expose my ghoulishly white skin and jump in as quickly as I can.
To say the least, I am very critical of myself.

I have always wondered why women are so hard on themselves.
Is it because of the pressure that society and the media puts on us?
Is is the beautifully airbrushed women we see on the cover of magazines?
Is it the desire to appeal to men?
Is it because we want to compete with other women?
Or is it simply for better health?
No matter what, it all seems rather silly.

We shouldn't waste our time (me included) comparing ourselves to others or wishing we were something that we are not.
God made us just the way we are.
He made us in His image.
Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes, and colors.
Who cares if I have veins and cellulite on my thighs?
There are plenty of other things that I can point out that I love about myself. 

Those are the things we should focus on.
The things that make us happy and proud.
Women are naturally appealing by nature and we are strong.
Most importantly we are smart. 
We can use our beauty to our advantage!
Silly men don't stand a chance!!

So, when I get to Hawaii and step out in my bikini for the first time
I am gonna rip off that towel and strut my cellulite ass straight to the pool!!

On another note:
I took some more beautiful pictures of the sky yesterday from my cell phone. 



This is a rough sketch of a drawing I am making for Greg.  It is my first draft and it still needs a lot of work with detailing but I thought I'd put it up here anyway!


No comments:

Post a Comment