"An important reminder that you must begin taking seriously is the need to quietly in your heart beg God to have mercy and open your eyes, ears, and heart to the truth then patiently wait. Please trust me on this one. I love you too much not to sound a warning of what may soon happen."
I recieved this text from my Dad last week...
Instantly I thought OK, this could be one of three things:
1) He thinks the world is going to end
2) He is dying
3) He is on drugs
Well, luckily he is not dying or on drugs. Not so luckily he believes that Judgement Day will be on May 21st 2011.
He has been listening to Family Radio since the 1980's and from what I understand this man, Harold Camping, has studied the bible in depth and predicts that the end of the world will begin on May 21st with massive earthquakes far greater than anything we have ever experienced throughout the world. The days and months thereafter will literally be hell on earth in which the "elect" or those who believe in God will be saved and those who do not will "cease to exist."
Now you can imagine my horror that my Father, a man who I respect greatly, is sharing this with me. He did not show fear but rather urgency. I listened intently and asked questions. Part of me wanted to call him crazy but the other part of me believes that it could very well be true...does that make me crazy too!?
It reminds me of the plane ride home from a family vacation in Mexico many years ago. My dad had relapsed and visited a Doc in a Box and gotten high as a kite before our long flight home. My Dad, already having a fear of flying added with Mexican drugs, began sweatly profusely and crying saying the plane was going down. He had a premonition. After distrurbing my family and the other passengers he was escorted to the back of the plane. I sat in silence the remaining hours home, quietly fearing every movement wondering if this could be it. I cried the entire time.
If the world is truly going to end in 33 days, how do I wish to spend these days of my life? Do i wish to spend them in fear of what may soon come? Do I quit my job and live carelessly? Do I cry and beg for forgiveness? Do I cling onto my loved ones and tell them how I feel? Do i hop on a plane and travel as fast and as far as I can? Do I eat all the junk food I possibly can and not exercise?
I don't know how to feel about this. I understand that my Dad wants to me to be prepared for what COULD happen, but now I will be obsessing about the possibility until that day should come. Holding my breath at every sound, every movement, wonderining if this could be it. Crying the entire time. Clinging onto Greg and Chino.
I can only hope to be one of the elect.
I don't know how to feel about this. I understand that my Dad wants to me to be prepared for what COULD happen, but now I will be obsessing about the possibility until that day should come. Holding my breath at every sound, every movement, wonderining if this could be it. Crying the entire time. Clinging onto Greg and Chino.
I can only hope to be one of the elect.
I don't mean to trivialize your fathers beliefs. However, this does seem directly at odds with what Jesus said in Mark 13:32 "But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
ReplyDeleteSee: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark%2013:22-35&version=NIV
All of chapter 13 deals with the end times, you should check it out. Other things it talks about, I haven't seen occur.
The math used to come up with the may 21st date seems really open to interpretation to me. (basing this off research on their http://www.wecanknow.com/) If God was going to tell us, He wouldn't have left it "hidden" in code for us to have to decipher, I think.