I have been doing Zumba, a Latin inspired dance exercise. I am obsessed! It is such a fun way to burn calories, not to mention it is very entertaining. Some of the women (and men) are pretty spastic and have zero coordination. Good for them though for sticking with it! The moves are relatively easy to catch on to so if you have any dancing skills or coordination you will fair just fine. I sweat like a beast during this 60 minute workout so it is a good thing that they dim the lights! It is estimated that you will burn anywhere between 500-1000 calories depending on how hard you work! EXCELLENT! Beats running on the treadmill!
My goal this year (and every year) was to get in the best health of my life. It is April and so far I am at about a 6 out of 10. I have gotten into a great routine to stay active. Unfortunately I still have a lot of work to do on my diet. I am a sucker for junk food, specifically cereal and frozen yogurt! I can go all day eating a well balanced diet and as soon as I get home I go straight to our pantry and start digging in! I plop myself in front of the TV and chow down. HORRIBLE!!! I know it is all about balance and I cannot deprive myself, but I really need to cut out (or cut down) the processed food and sugar for better health.
I got a call from the Infusion Center regarding my Remicade. I am grateful that I am on track to hopefully get off this medication. There have not been many studies on the long term effects of this drug which makes me extremely uncomfortable especially considering the list of other symptoms I have acquired. I am however, extremely grateful that after all the hard work and dedication that my condition is officially in remission! Next up, is Greg!
I have not been drunk in nearly a year and a half. I will occasionally have a glass of wine but that is about it. This has been the best thing I have ever done for not only my physical health but also my overall well being. I do not miss those nasty hangovers and wasted days that is for sure!! I am so proud of myself for sticking to this. It has become a complete lifestyle change for both Greg and I. We couldn't happier and healthier homebodies!
We have also been doing fresh juices as often as possible. These consist of fruits and vegetables. It has made a complete difference in Greg's health. Due to his Crohn's he was unable to absorb any nutrients. Having them in a liquid form gives him the vital nutrition he needs. We both feel much more energized and our skin has also improved. Most importantly, I think that juicing has prevented Greg from having the obstruction and more of his intestines removed. Thank you JESUS! (and Dad for buying it for us).
I feel so grateful that I am making and have made tremendous progress. Just a few years ago I did not have the strength or health to go to school or work. I had lost more than half of my blood count and was in and out of hospitalizations. I refused to allow this disease to defeat me and so I sought out to change my life. One step at a time has led me up to today. I am not stopping until I get back to a 10 out of 10 either!
Sometimes life has to stop us in our tracks to make us realize how blessed we truly are. Nothing is guaranteed. People take their health for granted until it is taken away from them. We take our loved ones for granted until they are taken away from us. We take our jobs for granted until we are unemployed and have bills to pay. We take our education for granted until we are unable to obtain it. We take our experiences for granted until we stop to look at how beautiful this life really is.
I am so grateful for all that is good in my life. Be sure that you stop to give thanks because you never know if it could be taken away from you. Each day is a blessing, embrace it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment