Thursday, March 10, 2011

This morning I got to work and as I was sipping my coffee I heard a few soft honks.  I looked around to see what it was but didn't see anything.  A few minutes later I heard a loud honk that sounded like a fog horn.  Now I stood up to see further what was making all the ruckus.  Down the way I saw a garbage truck and next to it two turkeys.  I casually watched out my window out of sheer entertainment because I thought the garbage man was just messing with them. 

Apparently, it was turkeys that was messing with the garbage truck!  They were flaring out their feathers, cocking their heads forward ferociously, and gobble yelling at the truck.  They were doing what appeared to be a territorial dance around the truck taking a few steps forward while flaring out its bottom and top feathers.  I am guessing that the man in the truck was honking to try and scare them away but it backfired.  They were pissed and ready to attack.  I contemplated grabbing my camera but decided they were too far away to make a good video.

I now regret that I hadn't because as the truck began to drive away the turkeys raced after them up the street.  It was one of the most bizarre, hilarious things I have seen in awhile.  All the while I sippoed my French Vanilla Coffee and nestled into my chair and thought to myself "well, if those two turkeys aren't afraid to face the garbage truck, then I am not afraid to face my fears either." 

Fear is the one thing that cripples me.  I am deathly afraid of failure.  I am the kind of person that would rather not do something than to do it and fail.  It is something that I am working on changing but in very small, baby steps.  But today I am going to be like those turkeys, ferociously wild, attacking anything that gets in my way.  So, gobble gobble, watch out suckas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment