Today I am grateful for perseverance. I am grateful for raw honesty. I am grateful to be here. I am grateful to be there. I am grateful to see old friends. I am grateful for beautiful changes. I am grateful for the path and progression of life.
"It is not about the destination, it is about how you get there."
I am humbled today by so much. My brother in law Aram was ordained yesterday as a pastor. What a blessing that is! God provides for those who have faith, and there is no family more deserving than theirs. I could not be more proud and thrilled for the upcoming adventures that are in store for Aram, Melissa, and the kids.
Yesterday was also a friend of mines baby shower. It is still astonishing to me that we are at the age where weddings and baby showers are becoming the norm. We have all grown up and changed so much since highschool and it is always fun to get back together and catch up with old friends. I am doing her maternity photo shoot and I SO excited and honored to be able to capture such a beautiful time in her life.
Amongst all the joy there is always also struggle. I have been having a hard time with acceptance and faith. I have a colonscopy on Wednesday and based on what he finds I may be making one of the most difficult decisions of my life. I had my Remicade infusion on Friday and was disgusted with what the bag of medication read. It said "***Hazardous Drugs***. Handle with gloves and dispose of properly." I couldn't help but think and you are pumping this hazardous junk into my veins!?!? It plays tricks on your mind, never knowing what tomorrow will bring or how you will feel. It is even more discouraging not knowing what the future has in store for you. Seeing my friend celebrate the birth of her first baby made me think of the fact that Greg and I may one day have to make the choice of whether or not it would be wise for us to have children. We both have these diseases that are genetically linked and know that we do not want to pass it on to a child. Today I am choosing to remain positive and let what will be, be. I am taking my journey day by day and learning to live without expectations.
No comments:
Post a Comment