Today I intend on just letting things be. I tend to have high hopes and expectations. I had hoped we were going to get away for the day but instead Greg wanted to stay in town. It is his birthday weekend so we are doing whatever his heart desires (and right now its Black Ops). This morning we got up and cleaned up a bit around the house, started in on the mound of laundry, and headed up to El Dorado Hills for a picnic at the lake. Chino had a blast running around and swimming. It costs $10 to get into State Parks these days!! I hate to be a downer and say that it wasn't worth it so I will just say that next time there will be better planning.
_________________________________________________________________________
What To Do When Things Don't Go Your Way- Improvise. We all know the feeling we get when things are not going our way. It is important to improvise and readjust your attitude. Your way is not always the right or best way (no matter how much we believe it is).
- Do it anyway. Having an attitude adjustment is one thing but actually letting it go enough to enjoy yourself is entirely different. Be in the moment and have fun- no matter the circumstances!
- Focus on the good. Don't sweat over what is not going the way you had wanted or hoped, focus on what IS and celebrate that victory!
- Laugh it off. Once again humor is vital for shitty situations. If you can't laugh then you are going to be completely miserable.
- Let go of expectations. All they are is invitation for lets downs and failures.
No comments:
Post a Comment