Sunday, February 6, 2011

Today I am grateful for another incredibly beautiful day outside!  I am grateful for a thoughtful boyfriend who walked to get me coffee this morning.  I am grateful for family.  I am grateful for fun.  I am grateful for early nights.  I am grateful for no expectations.  I am just grateful. 

Today I intend on celebrating "America's Holiday" with our families.  Even though my 49ers were nowhere near the Superbowl this year I am still hopeful that MAYBE soon.  I am excited to have a total low key, kick back time and mostly I am excited to see my MUFFINS (nieces and nephew).  It was funny this morning when my Dad called me to see what they could bring he said "Now T, BREATHE."  I laughed because he automatically assumed since we are having people over that I am stressing.  This is a Herman trait that will NOT be passed down to me.  I have figured out the way to throw a party with minimal stress and maximum enjoyment.  Read on if you are interested in some essential tips I have learned. 

GO PACKERS!  (temporary fan)

________________________________________________________________________

How to Throw a Stress Free Party
  • Send out invites early.  This is especially true for the 20's age group.  I have found that if you send out an E-vite or text several weeks in advance and then follow up a week or so prior that you will have the best turn out. 
  • Plan.  This is the most critical tip that I can give.  Write out your menu and To Do list and as you accomplish things check them off.  If you are having a potluck distribute out things for people to bring to cover the general spread you are wanting to achieve. 
  • Prepare ahead of time.  Figure out what you can do the day before and get it done early.  Clean, decorate your house, prep the food and have dishes prepared before the day of the party.  This will eliminate a lot of added stress. 
  • Stick to a time schedule.  Whatever is left over for you to do the day of the party write out a scheduled to do list with time frames that you can stick to.  There is nothing worse than being frantic about getting stuff done while you have not even had time to shower. 
  • Use helpers.  Don't be afraid to ask for help.  This does not make you any less of a host it makes you human.  Throwing a party is a lot of work to do on your own so DON'T do it!  Boyfriends or husbands can be very helpful if they are guided and have a list. 
  • Relax and enjoy yourself!  Don't worry about the small things since they really don't matter.  Make sure your guests are comfortable but do not overbear them.  If they are thirsty they will get a drink, don't hover over them.
Simple enough right!?  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment