We didn't end up making it out to the bar last night which is a bummer because we didn't get a formal goodbye with everyone. Instead we chowed down the biggest plate of nachos I have ever seen (delicious!) and relaxed in the room. I had a killer headache the last 24 hours so I figured since it was going to be such an early morning and long day might as well not overdo it.
We woke up this morning at about 3:45 AM. We were on the taxi by 4:15 and arrived at the airport by about 4:35. It is the first time that I have stayed in a hotel that did not offer shuttles to the airport which was kind of annoying. Once we got to the airport we went through 4 different security checkpoints. Greg and I both got fully searched, our bags searched and scanned, and put in some machine. Obviously we were clear but it was still interesting. Must have been the matching tourist Canada shirts that we are wearing. Way too obvious, right?
Once we got inside we grabbed some coffee (energy drink for boo) and a bluberry banana soy muffin. Then we sat and waited for the next 2 hours. Once we started boarding for the plane we realized that it was a tiny boey aircraft. Probably only 30 seats or so. I was extremely nervous about it but braced myself. Taking off wasnt the hardest part, it was the landing. I started to freak out, even Greg was nervous. We were dipping and tossing. The waterworks almost snuck up on me...
After landing in Salt Lake City we had to rush to the opposite side of the aiport to catch our connecting flight. We get here only to find out that the plane had some "maintenance issues" so now we are delayed. Not exactly the best way to start off our next departure. Better safe than sorry though. We both chowed down some bagels (jalepeno cheddar for Greg and some pizza veggie thing for me) and now we are just waiting to board. We are ready to get home, this whole waiting around thing is terrible. We miss our dog and cannot wait to see him. Ellie is picking us up from the airport and bringing him so we are looking forward to seeing him. I think we might both cry out of excitement. They said he has been sad lately so I wonder if he thinks we abanoned him. Aww poor bino.
Once we get home its laundry and picture uploading time. I cannot wait to look through all of our pictures and start sorting through the memories. This has been an incredible experience. Another wonderful adventure down with my boo. We are already trying to figure out where we want to go next...
Tomorrow I plan on doing a reflection blog about the growth and knowledge I have obtained; that is if I have time in between catching up on things at work. Yay. Back to reality. Blah.




No comments:
Post a Comment