Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 10

Day 10

It is our last full day here in Canada. We headed back from Vernon to Vancouver and made a few stops along the way. Nothing too special, mostly we just stopped for food and to move our legs around. Riding in the bus has progressively gotten worse and worse so in a way I am happy for it to be over but also sad at the same time. This experience has been unlike anything I have ever done. It has been absolutely incredible and I cannot stress enough how beautiful this country is. Not only the scenery is beautiful but so are the people. Everyone is so kind and greets you with a smile and a hello. It is a very welcoming place and boasts so much joy. I feel at home here. I am very sad to leave.


Once we arrived into Vancouver and checked into our room we voyaged around the city. There was some sort of motorcycle show taking place in downtown Gastown which was really interesting and cool. One couple offered us to smoke their joint- we declined- but it was funny nonetheless. We decided to stop in for some chips and salsa and a celebration cocktail. One drink turned to two and chips and salsa turned into veggie fajitas. Good choice because it was possibly our best meal throughout this trip (with Jaspers pizza being closely tied). We continued walking around the city and Greg got us lost. I knew I shouldn’t have listened to his directions. Luckily I was able to get us back =)



We have to be at the airport no later than 5 AM tomorrow. Yuck. Not only that but they don’t offer shuttles which means we either have to take a cab or the local transportation. Not exactly what you call convenient. The crew went on a dinner cruise tonight but we decided not to go and instead do our own thing for the night. They are going out to the bar in the hotel afterwards but I am not sure how lively I am going to be. I am already getting sleepy and know that tomorrow is going to be a long day. I am going to miss everyone. We have met some incredible people, including Saul and Tiho (our tour guide and driver).

It is always bittersweet when these kinds of experiences have to come to an end. I am grateful for this opportunity and journey. The world is full of incredible places and incredible people. My eyes have been opened to the reality that it all so tangible.

No comments:

Post a Comment