Friday, June 17, 2011

This trip to Oahu has been eventful. Not in the sense of having a jam-packed schedule but rather in ways unique to our lives. Prior to our departure I had been experiencing some issues with both my mental and physical health. I had hoped that once I was able to find peace in my mind that my body would quickly follow. What better way to do this than to relax by the beach and enjoy the island!? Well, I wish I could say that it was just that simple but instead my health has quickly gone from bad to worse in a short amount of time. I was dead set on not allowing my health to get in the way of the things we had wanted to do so I pushed through the first couple days of our trip. Greg of course has been nothing but supportive and amazing catering to all my needs and then some. Ellie and Jeff have also been extremely understanding of my flare up. I have had to compromise in order to avoid hospitalization which has included over 30 hours of a clear liquid diet and sitting with a heating pad on my stomach while I encourage them to go down to Longboards for some cocktails. No sense in making us all have to be miserable.

Not all of this trip has been so shitty (pun definitely intended)! We have seen beautiful scenery, lush wildlife and flora, and spectacular sunsets, one in particular that I will never forget. On Wednesday, the 15th, we ventured down to Paradise Cove which boasts the most scenic views of the sunset on the island. I was snapping pictures of the view when Greg came over to me and when I turned over to greet him I saw him holding the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. My hands instantly covered my mouth as tears filled both our eyes and he said the words. "I love you so much. Will you marry me and spend the rest of your life with me?" Without hesitation I blurted "YES!" I couldn't tell you what else he said because truthfully I don't remember because I was beyond myself but I do know that the moment was perfect. He carried the ring in his pocket waiting for the right moment and for me to feel well enough to enjoy it and he definitely did well!! I was on cloud nine and couldn't believe that even after 7 years together that this was finally real!!! The rest of the evening was spent in celebration and declaration of our journey and our love.

I couldn't think of a better moment, a better memory to look back on. Me being ill is just another chapter in the story of our love. We support each other and understand each others illnesses. He is my one and only love, my soulmate, my FIANCE!!! We have been through more in our years together than some may experience in all their lives and yet we have overcome it all and our love has deepened. I trust him with my life and cannot express how grateful I am that he chose me.

No comments:

Post a Comment