Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My cousin Laura graciously awarded me one of her most "Versatile Bloggers" in which she says that she enjoys reading my blog because it makes her appreciate nature and all of the gifts that God has given her. 

Sometimes I wonder what people take away from my blog.  I know that I often rant about things that might bore people or that are really of no importance but I guess that is what makes my blog "versatile!"  I thought it would be fun to pass this little awarding game on but it comes with a task of telling your readers 7 tidbits about yourself:

1.  I have been a vegetarian since I was 10 years old.  I cannot fathom the idea of eating an animal especially not one that was tortured and treated inhumanely. 
Meet your Meat.

2.  I love to travel (this may not come as any surprise to most of you).  I have been to seven countries, ten states, countless cities and I hope to conquer as much territory as I can.  So far I would say the most incredible place I have been was Canada. 

3.  I have only had one serious relationship and we have been together for nearly seven years.  He is my soul mate and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

4.  I am the middle child of five siblings.  There are four girls and one boy.  Growing up there was never a dull moment.  I also have fourteen cousins who have many children.  We are the typical big Italian family.  I hope to add a few to the count someday. 

(this is just ONE family)

5.  My best friend is my dog Chino.  He is unlike any other dog I have ever known, very skittish and particular about people but the sweetest, loving boy.  He also has twelve toes, yes, twelve which means he has two extra dewclaws on each back paw. 

6.  I am a total tomboy.  I prefer sports over heels.  I grew up playing soccer, basketball, volleyball, track, golf, roller hockey, dance, and cheer.  I am also very competitive and take sports very seriously so beware!  Hiking is my favorite pasttime. 
7.  I am a total "hippie" at heart.  I love nature, music, and art.  I grew up surrounded by all of these things so they were embedded into the core of my being.  I was always encouraged to explore my creative outlets whether it was through "nature walks," playing the piano, drawing, or painting.  Nowadays I utilize my creativity as a makeup artist and photographer. 

Some of my favorite blogs that I follow are: 

My cousin Laura chronicle's her new life as a mom and wife.  I love reading her funny stories and getting to see pictures of her little girls.
A friend of mine from highschool, Sonia, is a brilliant writer.  She is actually who inspired me to start blogging.  This is a sister blog to her original about food and fashion.  I mean, how much better does it get than that!?
My sister Melissa is a fantasic photographer.  I love seeing all her photoshoots and the stories behind the lense.  Not to mention I get to see pictures of my little muffins!!
This is Sonia's first blog which is so witty and delightful.  She is one of the most beautifully honest person I know.
Carly is a fantastic writer and poet.  She has a vivid way of storytelling. 
My friend Lindsay has recently switched over to this new blog in which she posts inspirational pictures and quotes that she finds along with occasional personal stories.
Sarina is on an adventure of a lifetime!  Her blog chronicles her experiences in Thailand and all of her travels. 
Last but certainly not least is Miss Amber's blog.  Her creativity shines through her page and makes you feel happy and inspired. 

1 comment:

  1. What, get out!?!! I had no idea you were inspired by my silly stories!! THANK YOU. It's really gratifying when you hear something like that as opening your soul a little bit (even if its on the internet) is intimidating. So I want to tell you: your blog has stuck to your affirmation you made a while ago. To be more positive and blog more. You are a honest representation of a goal you set for yourself. Its so rare for people to align their promises and actions all while honestly, skillfully, and beautifully letting readers into their world like you have. Versatile indeed!

    ReplyDelete