Tuesday, May 24, 2011

It is May 24th.
We are still here. 

Obviously the supposed rapture did not happen. 
Not even in the slightest.
Now he claims that the end of the world will actually be October 21st.
He "misinterpreted" the meaning of May 21st.
It was a "spiritual judgement" not an actual rapture.
God has made his judgement and salvation so his "warnings" will not continue.
Instead his station will play Christian music until October 21st.

The bible clearly states that no man will know the hour or the day of God's return.
Not even the holiest, most humble of man. 
Besides, someone who prides themselves on being humble should not proclaim to know the coming of God as if to put himself on some holy pedestal.

So you are probably wondering how my Dad is dealing with all this. 
To be honest I am not so sure.
He says to continue doing what he suggested in the recent weeks.
To beg for mercy and for God to open our eyes and heart to the truth.
________________________________

I spent May 21st at the most beautifully serene place surrounded by people I love. 
I witnessed two people committing their lives to each other.
I felt nothing but joy.







A few of us got in on a conversation about how as children our parents teach us things about life and that we are raised to believe what they say is true.
But what if what they have taught us is all wrong?!
Do we lose hope in the people who look up to?
How do we search for answers?
I shared with my friends about my Dad's fear of the rapture
and how he relentlessly tried to prepare us all for the end.
Yet, he was wrong. 
Now what...

They had no words except for "Damn that is crazy."
It is crazy.
I'm not losing faith or hope in my Dad.
but it is time to starting searching for my own answers. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment