Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I booked our flights to Hawaii this morning so it is official!
I cannot wait for a week of paradise.  I think that this trip will be especially great for me because I am always the one trying to squeeze in as many things to do and see within a short amount of time that I end up needing another vacation from my vacation.
I am not going with an agenda.
I want to relax.
Recoup.

On my way to work this morning I drove past my favorite tree and noticed that one of its branches had been broken.  It got me thinking a lot about my life and how pieces of it has been broken.  And yet, like the tree, I am still alive, moving foward, and my life is beautiful. 
When we fixate on all the negative aspects of our life we lose sight of all the positive.  Though we may be broken it is then, and only then that we are able to be humble and put our trust and faith in God for He is the one in control.

Look at what He has provided for you. 
All things are possible through Him. 
I am broken.
But He makes me strong. 
I challenge you to humble your heart and give thanks for at least 10 blessings right now.

 I am financially able to afford a wonderful vacation.
Thank you!
 I have the most amazing family that is cancer free!
Thank you!
I have health insurance and access to care.
Thank you!
I have a roof over my head with clean food and water.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I have an education.
Thank you!
I live in a country where I can express myself through this blog!
Thank you!
I have not lost someone I love due to fighting for freedom.
Thank you!
I have found the love of my life.
Thank you!
I have beautiful, unique, and outspoken friends who challenge me to be better.
Thank you!
I get to be surrounded by incredible nature that inspires me each and every day.
Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment