Monday, April 4, 2011

This weekend was perfect. 

Greg and I have been so busy lately that we haven't really been able to spend quality time together.  We didn't even realize it had been weeks since our last date.  We were long overdue.  One thing we have figured out about our relationship is that we tend to bicker more when we haven't spent enough time together.  Seems backwards right?  Aren't you supposed to bicker because you have been spending TOO much time together?!

Not us.

He is my best friend and I would rather spend my time with him over anyone else.  He calls me codependent but he is just the same with me, though he will never admit it.  We did not do anything particularly spectacular but I think that is what made this weekend so great.  We are always so busy running around that it was nice to just slow down and enjoy our time together. 

Friday night we got dressed up and went on a date.  Though the food ended up being pretty horrible (language barrier with the waiter + being a picky vegetarian= messed up meal) BUT he did end up compensating my meal so that was great.  Cheap date.  We ventured over to our favorite place, Nuyo, for some fro yo.  Is it bad that just about all the employees there know us?!  We ended the night with Greg insisiting that we watch Yogi Bear convincing me by saying my boyfriend is in it (Justin Timberlake).  Ya, it was horrible but snuggling up to my babe made it BEARable.  ha ha ha....get it?  

Saturday we were going to head up to the snow but it was overcast so we decided to just stay in town.  Greg surprised me with an Acai Bowl, my ultimate favorite breakfast.  We took Chino for a nice walk and after a pit stop for some IT work (I swear, it doesn't stop! Boo is a hard worker), we decided to head out to the Arden Fair Mall.  We went there with the intention of finding swimsuits and summer clothes for Hawaii, but ended up stopping in to Zales...

yes...the jewelry store.

GASP!!!!!!!

It should come as no surprise that Greg and I are in it for the long haul.  We have been dating for nearly 7 years and have talked about the prospect of tying the knot.  Only recently has this conversation turned serious...very serious.  We had some things we needed to sort out within ourselves and within our relationship before either of us was even ready to THINK about that step....

Well....now we are and I could not be more excited!

Sure, some might think it is bad luck or cliche to go into a jewelry store together but we are far from traditional and I have ugly knuckles that only certain style rings look good on so I think it was smart!  Well, what was supposed to be a casual browsing ended up with a sit down conversation of how we are in the market for an engagement ring.  Hearing those words out of his mouth gave me butterflies...like...oh my gosh.  This is really happening! 

The rest of the day we acted like giddy little kids in love. 

Sunday I woke up to coffee and breafkast in bed.  Two days in a row!  Spoiled much!?  We got ready and headed out to Ikea before the Kings game.  We ended up only buying some spoons but it was fun walking around getting ideas for our future house that we have yet to buy.  We did find the furniture that we have wanted is now half the price of last year!  It is next up on the agenda to purchase.  A new bedroom set! 

We finished off the day with some fun at the Kings game.  It is sad to think that it very well might be our last game.  I have had lots of fun memories watching them play.  We BBQed some kabobs and called it a night early. 

Sure, this post and the weekend might not seem spectacular to some if not all of you reading this but it was perfect to me.  I am happier then I have ever been.  I feel so lucky in love.  He is my best friend and my soul mate.  I know now more than ever how great we are together.  I am so excited for what is to come for our future.  It might not be soon, but it is closer than it has ever been before.  And that makes me happy.  Very, very happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment