I can remember being in elementary school and every year on this day we would do the Stations of the Cross after mass. Now, this was a good thing because it meant that we weren't in the classroom and lunch recess was right after. I also had a chance to flirt with my crush as we walked to each station reading off scripture.
I surely did not understand or comprehend the extent of what Holy Week really meant. I definitely did not fathome the amount of suffering that Jesus endured for ME! I still struggle with wrapping my mind around this thought. Jesus died on the cross to save me. He died so that all of our sins would be forgiven. How did we get to be so lucky??!
I do not consider myself to be an overly religious person. I do, however, have strong unshakable faith. I love the Lord and I serve Him in all that I do. I talk to Him all throughout my day, ask for His advice and guidance. I rejoice in His name and I give thanks to Him for all of my many blessings. I believe that He is the key to salvation. This weekend I will reflect on the story of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who came down to earth to save us and give us the key to eternal life. With so much turmoil in the world and my life, it will be nice to quiet my mind and humble my heart.
It is through faith that I am saved.
It is through faith that I am forgiven.
It is through faith that I am given mercy.
It is through faith that I believe.
It is through faith that I rejoice!
No comments:
Post a Comment