Today I am grateful that my colonoscopy is OVER!
For anyone who has had to have this experience, you know that it is torture. The procedure itself is not bad since you are asleep and given good drugs, but the prep is absolutely horrible. You are on a clear liquid diet the entire day prior to your procedure and then you have to drink 4 liters of a drink that literally empties you out. A colon cleanse. Without going into gross details let's just say it is not a pleasant experience and something you shouldn't have to do so young.
BUT...
It was great news! He said that everything looked good, they did take some biopsies just to be sure that there are no cancerous cells but that my colon and intenstines looked normal! What a relief! I will not get the final results of the biopsies for at least a week but I have faith that it will be good news as well. He said that if everything looks good with the biopsies that he will talk with me about going off of the Remicade. This is the best news I could have possibly received. I have been working extremely hard to get healthy with the ulimate goal of going off of this medication. It looks like this could be closer to a reality.
It is scary not knowing how my body will react or if I will get sick again but I have faith in a holistic approach through diet, wellness, and exercise. The message here is that healing is possible. I hope that Greg will soon follow in his journey to remission.
Some more good news is that God is calling me to a Women's Retreat in Lake Tahoe this month. There have been things have interfered with me being able to commit but I went ahead and just did it anyway. I figure that everything else will sort of fall into place. I am looking forward to a weekend of fellowship and faith.
Faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
I have also been praying about a vacation. I have been getting antsy and all my plans have fallen through. My prayer has been answered! Ellie has a client who has a condo in Oahu that has become available for a week in June. For an entire weeks stay in a two bedroom, two bathroom, and full kitchen condo it will be less than $500 per person and we can make payments! I figured this is an omen and an opportunity that we should not pass up. I haven't been to Hawaii in several years and Greg has been wanting to go, so we told him we are interested and will be looking to book flights by the end of the month.
It isn't quite New Zealand but it is still paradise.
The power of prayer and asking the universe to provide for you is absolutely amazing. I have seen miracles happen in my life. I am not afraid to ask for things because I give back gratitude. Don't be afraid to either, the universe cannot provide for you what you do not ask for.
If you want a vacation to fall upon your lap, then ask for it!
If you want a vacation to fall upon your lap, then ask for it!
If you want forgiveness, then ask for it!
If you want fortune, then ask for it!
If you want health, then ask for it!
If you want love, then ask for it!
Then watch it all unfold and give thanks!
If you want health, then ask for it!
If you want love, then ask for it!
Then watch it all unfold and give thanks!



No comments:
Post a Comment