Monday, February 21, 2011

Today I am grateful for my faith. 

My Papa went in to the hospital yesterday.  He has been very ill since 2009 and had a subdural hematoma which is basically bleeding of the brain.  They operated and he miraculously survived.  He also has congestive heart failure so the stress of the operation on his heart was critical.  He is a fighter and pulled through his operation and recovered at lighting speed.  He had to learn language and motor skills all over again but true to his personality it was only a short lived challenge.  All he wanted to do was go home. 

He has been suffering from an pneumonia off and on for a few years now which has been treated with antibiotics.  This past weekend he was experiencing a fever, some pain in his right side, constipation, loss of motor skills, and he was coughing up blood.  Although my Grandma and Aunt had previously decided that they were not going to put him through more ER visits and hospital stays they ultimately changed their mind.  So far all we know is that his pneumonia is back and they are treating him intravenously with antibiotics.  We are waiting to find out the results of the brain scan and the MRI.  We are praying that the bleeding is not back since they will not be operating again, he is far too weak. 

Every day that he is still with us is a blessing.  I hold my breath every time a family member calls wondering if it will be that dreaded phone call.  It is during times like these that I cling on to my faith.  I know that God has a plan for my Papa and that when He calls him home that it will be his time to go.  I only pray that when that time does come, whether sooner or later, that it will be pain and stress free for him and our family.  It will be like losing a pillar to the foundation of our family but I will forever treasure my Papa for all the wonderful memories and laughs that he has given me. 

Be of good courage,
and He shall strengthen your heart,
all you who hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24



No comments:

Post a Comment