Today I am inspired by power in numbers. Egypts President Mubarak has resigned after the Cairo people joined together to protest for their freedom. "The people ousted the regime" the crowd chants as they celebrate their victory. The inspiration and power of united people is sending shockwaves to the entire world. Perhaps more people are thinking that, "we can make a difference, we can make a change." Is there anything that you believe so strongly in that you would sacrafice and join together to protest for?
We are so lucky to live in this country. While we are busy worrying about Valentines Day plans people are out there fighting for their freedom, fighting for food, fighting for clean water, fighting for shelter, fighting for a chance at life. Sometimes I am stricken with overwhelming guilt when I look around at all that I have and all that I 'want'. Unfortuntely thinking about these things is not enough, you have to get your hands dirty to make a difference. I will be honest and say that I have not done my part and that shames me because I sincerely care. Just like many people I find excuses for not participating, "I work full time." "I go to school and have hw." "I am too tired." "I already have plans." Yet, there is never a time where I get out of myself and go do something for someone else where I think to myself "that was a waste." I always leave feeling refreshed, energized, grateful, inspired, and moved.
So I challenge you (and myself) to find something this week, this month, or this year that really moves you and to help make a difference. There are countless people, organizations, and relief that could use your help. Get creative, find ways to help that work for you. If you feel really bold start your own fundraiser, your own organization, or plan a trip to a country that needs help with building shelters, or education reform. Lets all join together and prove that the power of numbers can and does make a difference.
Inspirations for the day:
{source unknown}


{via wickedweb}




No comments:
Post a Comment