Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rainy Sunday

Today I woke up when it seemed as though the rest of the world was still sleeping (or at least all of my roommates, even Chino!).  I quietly crept out of bed to brush my teeth and rinse my face with some luke warm water to christen my awakening.  I looked at the clock, it read 8:26 but it felt much earlier.  I left the door slightly open behind me although I did not hear Chino waking up, just the gentle sound of the rain drops.  I tiptoed downstairs like it was Christmas morning, only it wasn't gifts I was walking down to but rather a Political Science quiz.  I turned on the screen and reviewed the Chapter trying to be half engaged but partly still asleep.  I sipped on my cup of coffee and noticed that my computer said it was only 8:00. 

"Oh shit", I thought.
"We set the clocks back today, but isn't supposed to make you GAIN an hour of sleep not LOSE sleep?  Chino isn't even awake yet!!"

I was still half way engaged in studying terms but thinking how early it was and that I should be sleeping right now, taking advantage of this annual gift from the Gods, an extra hour of free sleep!  Instead, I am here sipping my coffee, while it's partly still dark outside, taking a Political Science quiz on a rainy day. 

Now its 9:00 which really means its actually 10:00 and I am getting bored and it's REALLY starting to feel like Christmas morning.  Impatiently waiting for everyone to wake up so we can start the days festivities!  So I started the dishwasher, went to the store to get some berries and orange juice to make belgian waffles for breakfast, came home to find that Chino was waiting for me.  Finally someone to hang with, even if it's just the dog. I emptied the dishwasher, fed Chino, made some more coffee, I cut up the strawberries, started to get the stuff out to make waffles, noticed that our Vegetable Oil was expired, took Chino for a car ride back to Safeway, came home to find that Greg was now waiting for me!  Finally SOMEONE is awake and it was 10:00 at this point, which was really 11:00!  Gregs eyes were swollen over as he stood in the doorway in his PJ's still nuzzled up and giggling he said:

"Babe, you realize its only 10:00 right?"

I laughed to myself and said "Oh, if you ONLY knew!" 

One by one Ellie and Jeff woke up impressed by my morning calling me the "energizer bunny."  Now it was really feeling like Christmas morning.  We tried out our new belgian waffle machine that we just got yesterday which worked perfectly.  I dolopped  some nutella on my waffle and cover it with some strawberries and blackberries.  Then, I drizzled that with some maple syrup over the top.  I looked around at all of our faces, pure contentment and excitement to dig into this individualized heaven.  Everyones waffle was a little different and yet exactly to our personal desires. I don't think any of us spoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment