Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Classroom Walls of my Future

I have vented my thoughts and frustrations about school on this blog more times than I can count.  I am at a crossroad, a major crossroad.  I have only 1 unit left to get my Associates Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies and Behavioral and Social Sciences.  I have 11 units left in order to transfer.  Here is my dilemma;  I don't want to continue taking classes just to get them done.  I still have not decided on a major that I am passionate about that would be worth the added stress emotionally, physically, and financially to go to Sac State.  I decided to turn it over to some of my loved ones on what they pictured me doing 5-10 years from now...here are their responses:

Ellie:  "Writing...Traveling...Writing...Kids..PTA mom...ahaha.  A magazine editor would totally fit you..ever changing stories..."
Greg: "Married. 2 kids. Doing high end fashion photography."
Kim: "Teaching children in foreign countries theraphy through photography"
Angie: "I see you having your own business.  Traveling a lot.  I think youd be successful at running your own business, you have the drive.  What about traveling and doing photography?"
Holly: "Nutritionist!!! Which would help your health along the way as you learn about the stuff.  Or beauty editor for a magazine."
Melissa: "Writing more, married with kids, traveling, doing your own business."
Brandon: "Married with a family.  Traveling and helping people in need."
Bucky: "I'm not sure."
Tina: "I see you being a mom.  Raising a family.  HELPING PEOPLE.  Being a counselor for kids with troubled families."
Amanda: "Working with children."
Max: "I think following your dreams.  Possibly in journalism or english."
Taryn: "I picture you having a successful photography company and happy in your life."

I loved each and every single response.  It is amazing when you turn things over to your loved ones to get a different perspective.  It is even more interesting how there is a common theme and overlapping in their thoughts. 

I know this much about myself and my future:
I love to write.
I love art.
I love photography.
I love nature.
I love children.
I love the mind.
I love to help people.

If only there was a classroom that could teach me about all of these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment