Today is Friday the 13th
I woke up to the sound of rain and knew that the weather hadn't cleared. I think I may have jinxed myself in one of the previous posts where I said that even though the weather had been rainy it hadn't interferred with any of our plans. Today that changed. Not only was it rainy but there were thick clouds coveringg the sky which meant that going up the Gondola would not be worth it considering we wouldn't be able to see anything. We drove up to check it out anyway but ultimately decided we would rather just spend our day in the town. Banff is a very cute town with lots of Native American shops which i fell in LOVE with. I wanted everything- from regalia, to drums, to jewelry, to shoes, to jackets- literally everything. I got some sage to light tonight with my beautiful feathered native fan that I had gotten a few days ago. My Mom would be proud.
We checked out several shops and got a few different souveniers including T-Shirts, a Canadian flag for Ellie and Jeff (as a joke), and Greg of course had to get some candy from the largest candy shop I have ever seen. Since it was still raining and we didnt get too much sleep the night before we thought today would be the perfect day to just kick back and relax since we hadnt really done that this entire trip. We picked up a few more things for lunch/dinner and started our voyage back to the Chalets. This was no easy trek. We had to hike up a steep hill over a mile long. Our hotel is at the top of the mountain so we got a great view of the town. This was our way of feeling like we were still DOING something, getting outside, and getting some excercise before coming home and vegetating. We made some mac n' cheese and green beans for lunch with some strawberries and grapes. YUM. Tonight we are having NACHOS and steamed veggies. I have been eating so much good stuff this vacation.
We just lit the fireplace (after much failure) and are relaxing on the couch. From the couch we can see out of the back deck and all of the beautiful forestry and mountains. It is so serene and beautiful. My Dad called and so I was able to talk to him for a few minutes. I got nervous because I thought maybe something had happened with my Papa. Luckily that was not the case, he just missed me :)
Tonight we are going across the road to a Kareoke Bar for a "Where's Waldo" themed party. We don't really have much to wear except the new T-Shirts we got are red and white or if I feel so inclined I could wear the cute new summer dress that I brought, but not if it's cold and rainy. Plus comfort always comes first with me. That is after we make some epic nachos for dinner and enjoy this rainy day by the fireplace. I may even do a "sun dance" with my sage and fan. I can see a little sunshine peeping through the clouds as we speak.






No comments:
Post a Comment