I woke up this morning feeling extremely tired and foggy. While I was getting ready for the day, Greg went and got me some coffee to help wake me up. What a guy! :) We boarded the bus at around 9:50 to head to Lake Maligne. Once again the drive was incredible. I can't even stress it enough as to how beautiful this country is. We saw a "Wolverine" along the way which resembled a giant hamster and a deer. I am still hoping to get to see a Bear or at least some Moose. Supposedly the fact that we HAVEN'T yet is rare and bad luck. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Once we got to the National Park we grabbed some lunch at the cafe. Greg had a ham sandwich and I had some vegetarian chili. It was nice to sit overlooking the beautiful lake. So many good photo ops. After lunch we headed down to the dock to start our boat tour. We went about 14 miles into Lake Maligne and learned some history about this natural wonder. There was stll some snow on some of the mountains, and even some leftover glacier from millions of years ago when the lake was still just a river. The water is crystal blue and prestinely preserved. They do not allow any other motor boats on the lake and the only reason the tours are still allowed is because they are protected under some clause. Good thing because we were able to see some of the most incredible views of the trip.
We stopped at Spirit Island. It is a small inlet of trees that boasts some of the most beautiful scenery. I must have taken about 25 pictures and still didn't feel like I could truly capture its essence. I have probably taken over 500 pictures by now. On the way home we stopped at Maligne Canyon and went for a quick little walk around the National Park checking out the waterfalls and canyons. Still, no bears though.
Once we got back to Jasper, we walked around town again for a bit and stopped at the supermarket for some snacks and lunch for tomorrow. Unfortunately we don't have a fridge in our room so our options were limited. I also got a beautiful dream catcher necklace to match the earrings that Greg surprised me with at lunch. We came back to the room and played some Gin, ate some snacks, and relaxed before heading out to dinner at Jaspers Pizza (again!).
Day 6 Pt. 2
We met everyone in the lobby at 7:15, which is actually 6:15 back home. We lost an hour as soon as we crossed the Alberta border. We walked over to Jaspers Pizza, which is about a three minute walk. One of the best things about Canada is that everything is so close together. They designed their towns for function and accomodation and I LOVE it. Dinner was excellent. We went downstairs to what appeared to be the game room with a pool table and video games. It reminded me a lot of soccer parties at pizza parlors. Since it was one of the included meals we did sort of buffet style with unlimited amounts of soda, salad, and a variety of pizzas. One was a spinach and cheese and the other was the Veggie pizza that I had the night prior, as well as some of Gregs cheese. YUM. We sat at a small round table with Nicole (from Australia), Louise (from England), and Aisha (from UK). They are incredible women; the conversations were indulging. We talked about dreams, premonitions, psychic ability, and everything in between even marijuana! I know that these are people I want to keep in touch with for the years to come.
The salad was excellent; they had a pesto ranch dressing which was delicious. I ate three plates of salad before devouring 2 1/2 pieces of pizza. I could have had another but I decided I would save some room for some more ice cream. I had an intense cravning for the mint chocolate chip so I gave in. SO SO SO good. I have been giving into my cravings and not holding back.
After I got my ice cream, we walked around town some more. The temperature was pleasantly perfect and we stopped at the park across from our hotel. We sat under a tree and looked up at the mountainsides. I can't get over how much beauty surrounds me. Phenominal, nonetheless. I decided to start doing some cartwheels, or my sad attempt at them. I got some stares but didn't mind and continued with my play. I felt free. I felt alive. I felt refreshed. I felt like I wanted to rejoice at the top of hte rooftop. Life is good.
Once we got back to our hotel a group of people were hanging out inside the pub playing some pool and hanging out. We decided to join them for a little bit before we headed up to bed. The conversation was great. I hung out with two Aussies, Emma and Jessie, whom I hadn't had a chance to hang out with yet. Once again the conversations were natural and refreshing. It is amazing to me that even across the world things are still the same. We all live parallel lives. I am jealous that different cultures are given anywhere between 2-3 months of vacation time to travel the world. Makes me want to pick up and move.....trips like this is a reminder that there is so much more out there and so much more opportunity than what we see.
I could go on and on about all the wonderful conversation, beautiful scenery, growth, passion, excitement, etc. but it would just seem far too repetitive. I am having the time of my life out here in this incredible place with all of these incredible people. I would recommend anyone do Contiki and come to Canada or anywhere for that matter. It really opens your eyes and give you an opportunity that otherwise would be overlooked. I am so grateful for this experience that will live on with me for the rest of my life. Tomorrow brings a new city, new explorations, new adventures, new culture, new scenery. But it also means one less day is left.
I don't want this to end....











No comments:
Post a Comment